On 07/05/2015 08:02, Steve Faulkner wrote:

On 7 May 2015 at 07:53, Bruce Lawson <bru...@opera.com
<mailto:bru...@opera.com>> wrote:

    this makes sense, but (unless I'm inventing nonsense because I'm mad,
    which is definitely possible), doesn't this describe the current
    behaviour in many UAs anyway?

Currently ARIA does not do this stuff AFAIK. There is some limited
keyboard behaviour mapping for role=button in a few AT's.

And gesture mapping in certain touchscreen/mobile ATs too - particularly important, as any custom keyboard handling the dev may or may not have implemented wouldn't work there anyway, so AT attempt to understand widgets based on their roles a bit more and provide built-in swipe/tap gestures for certain constructs.

Patrick H. Lauke