Am 08.09.2011 11:07, schrieb Ralph Meijer:
On Thu, 2011-09-08 at 08:59 +0200, Alexander Holler wrote:
[..]
During a quick search I haven't found were it's stated that owners are
subscribed by default, but publisher is defined as

-----
Publisher
An entity that is allowed to publish items to a node and that is
automatically subscribed to the node.
-----

Oh wow, this has completely slipped passed my radar. I traced this
change back to XEP-0060 v1.13rc17 with the comment 'addressed Council
feedback from Matthew Wild and Kevin Smith'. See:

http://gitorious.org/xmpp/xmpp/commit/c759e582654b490fa5007e2bf929b8b78566b677/diffs

Although we did discuss adding the publish-only affiliation, I am pretty
sure this particular change was not discussed at the council meeting of
12 April 2010 (http://logs.xmpp.org/council/100412/) or the council list
(http://mail.jabber.org/pipermail/council/2010-April/thread.html).

I agree that if this was indeed wanted, we need would need to do more in
the specification than this one small dependent clause. However, I
assume this change was made in error and move to have it reverted.
Peter, can you include this in your upcoming edits?

Of course an entity with the publisher affiliation is always allowed to
subscribe (unlike the publish-only affiliation), if it so desires.

As said before, I'm pretty sure I've read somewhere that an owner is subscribed by default too. It's just that I didn't found that again with a quick search, so I've only posted the statement about publishers.

A statment if bare JIDs and full JIDs are distinct or not in regard to subscriptions (when they both have the same user/domain pair) would help too. 6.1.6 only talks about subscriptions from several full JIDs of the same bare JID, but not about the mix of a bar JID and several full JIDs. I don't know how it is implemented in existing implementations, so I can't suggest what to use. I would prefer that if multiple subscriptions are not supported than a bare JID should exclude any subscription for a full JID with the same user/domain pair (means 6.1.3.7 Subscription Pending) and vice versa.

Regards,

Alexander