Hi,

On Fri, 13 Jan 2012 16:34:58 +0900, HIro Suzuki
<hiro.suz...@d3communications.jp> wrote:
> Hello Folks,
>
>  In the following mail, I wrote that I designed a sort of "Soft
> Emergency Alert System". In this work, my joint researcher,
> Assoc. Prof. Ogashiwa (Maebashi Kyoai Gakuen College) coded a new XMPP
> server / client system from scratch. And these server / client codes
> are kept simple and small, so now we (I and Assoc. Prof. Ogashiwa)
> have a very good environment to implement new functions as new
> realtime services by using XMPP protocol suits. And he have
> leadership to realize "Kyoai Ubiquitous Campus". In this network
> assisted campus, he built a XMPP testbed using handreds of xmpp
> enabled iOS devices and his server / client codes, so we can evaluate
> new realtime services using new functions of XMPP, and deploy the
> services in real daily campus life. If you OK, we'd like to introduce
> "these new implementaion of XMPP client / Server system", and "a XMPP
> testbed in the real life" in the next XMPP summit.
>
>  Now we are going to prepare a new research project, called "RSi
> Project" in Japan. "RSi" stands for "Realtime Service Initiative". In
> this project we will provide new web site to share
> Assoc. Prof. Ogashiwa's new codes as open source under the New BSD
> Licence, and we are welcome to join to reserch / develop / deploy
> activity with us. From this project, Assoc. Prof. Ogashiwa and
> Mr. Sato in master course of Keio Univ. and I will join the next XMPP
> Summit.

First of all, that looks like a nice project! And second, I have lived
in Japan for a year and never saw any utilization of XMPP there, so
that's good news. Do you know of other people/company/projects using
XMPP?
Also do you have any public code (Free Software license?) to show? I
unfortunately can't be at the XMPP summit but I would love to see your
project and how it works.
Thanks.

Jehan