On 04/30/2018 10:46 AM, Jeremy Audet wrote:
> +1. Exposing UUIDs is definitely preferable to using hrefs as ids.  "The app just looks at the relative path"  -> what if pulp wants the flexibility to change repositories end point (highly improbable but you never know).

Is it better, though? URIs were chosen specifically with immutability in mind. "Cool URIs don't change." This is reflected in the application's behaviour. If one changes an object's attributes (e.g. UUID), its href doesn't change.

And in what case are hostname and port changing? If that's a common deployment issue, I would contend that the deployment at hand is screwed up.

I somewhat agree with you, however enough users have requested (or should i say demanded) this feature that katello now ships support for it natively.  Satellite does as well: https://access.redhat.com/solutions/1232133

I wish it were not a common issue, but it is, enough so that this is a requirement of any integration that katello does with pulp 3.

Justin