On 10/05/2009 01:44 AM, Peter Onion wrote:
On Mon, 2009-10-05 at 01:17 +1100, Patrick Shirkey wrote:
Did you check all the output levels are unmuted for your card?

Try running alsamixer from the commandline.

FIxed.  Output was being sent to the sound device on my Radeon graphics
card (which I assume comes out the HDMI connector ?)

Anyway all going now.....

So, what are the steps to upgrade my pulseaudio to the latest version ?

I assume I can't just remove the pulseaudio rpm as that will break
dependencies ?

Well, you can install the 64 bit code by compiling with

    --libdir=/usr/lib64

but I haven't got round to figuring out how to do the 32 bit compile in a chroot env.

Installing the 64 bit libs doesn't break yum as yum just replaces them when it upgrades but it does have a risk of not playing nicely with 32 bit apps.

There must be a new version of fedora pulse libs just round the corner though. Also you could upgrade to F12 to get them too.

Cheers.

Patrick Shirkey
Boost Hardware Ltd