Is it possible that the output from the api url returns malformed YAML
code?  I have two YAML parsers that are choking on the same YAML
output.

I loaded the YAML output into this parser and it returned with an
error.

http://yaml-online-parser.appspot.com/

My YAML output URL:
curl --insecure -H 'Accept: yaml'
https://puppetmaster.domain.corp:8140/production/facts/puppetagent.domain.corp

If I take this line out from the top of the YAML output: --- !ruby/
object:Puppet::Node::Facts

and remove all other occurrences of "!" from lines like the following:

!ruby/sym _timestamp: Fri Feb 18 00:33:19 EST 2011

With these changes the yaml parser works fine.  However, there may be
other characters that could fault the parser such as '&'.