On Mar 7, 2011, at 1:05 PM, Trevor Vaughan wrote:

> So, I have this working, but I'm not quite sure why I needed to do it this
> way.
>
> I took a look at the exec:returns property and the associated 'sync' define.
>
> I was getting an error about returning an invalid event and I wasn't
> sure what type of event I was supposed to return in sync.
>
> I noticed that exec is returning :executed_event but I don't see any
> other mention of this in any code anywhere.
>
> So, likewise, I just stuck a random unique :some_var in my sync method
> as the return value.
>
> But...why?

This has been covered relatively well by others, but I didn't see it called out
explicitly, so I'll do it here:

You should do everything you can to avoid overriding 'sync' and 'retrieve', and
instead rely entirely on the providers for that functionality.  In fact, in a
future release, we plan on deprecating those methods and having the transaction
just talk directly to the provider.

As to support for 0.24.... well, you'll have to test that. :/

--
A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely
rearranging their prejudices.  -- William James