Markus,
I found the getting the source page and am trying to follow it.  I can
install facter.  I get the following error when trying to install puppet:

C:\Projects\Puppet\puppet>ruby install.rb
Missing ronn; skipping man page creation
install.rb:92:in `mkdir': No such file or directory - /etc/puppet
(Errno::ENOENT)
        from install.rb:92:in `do_configs'
        from install.rb:492

I assume that I should just start digging into this as my first error on
windows...

On Sun, Mar 13, 2011 at 6:21 PM, Markus Roberts <mar...@puppetlabs.com>wrote:

> Jay --
>
> I am experiencing this bug: http://projects.puppetlabs.com/issues/6693.
>>
>> I would like to work on fixing this.  How do I get setup to do this on a
>> Windows box?  I would like to get start trying to fix this, using it as a
>> way to dive into Puppet development.  Is there a wiki page on setting up a
>> developer environment and I missed it?
>>

> I am not aware of one, and am not particularly MS Windows knowledgeable;
> the basic idea would parallel what is described here:
>
>     http://docs.puppetlabs.com/guides/from_source.html
>
> but I'm not seeing a MS Windows version.
>
> As for #6693, it is ringing a bell (possibly a regression which was fixed
> but then reintroduced?) but I'm not finding it in a quick search.  I'll
> update the ticket if I do.
>
> -- Markus
> When in trouble or in doubt, run in circles,
> scream and shout. -- 1920's parody of the
> maritime general prudential rule

Jay Flowers