On Mon, Mar 14, 2011 at 12:56 PM, Corey Osman <co...@logicminds.biz> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am on a quest to create a python module for puppet in order to use
> with my application.  The whole idea beyond this "pypuppet" module is
> to just wrap the rest api calls into a python module in order to make
> it easy for python born apps to integrate with puppet.

In case you hadn't found it already, REST documentation lives here:

http://docs.puppetlabs.com/guides/rest_api.html

> I have just started testing some basic api calls with pycurl and I am
> running into permission issues.  Since I want this to be secure I want
> to take advantage of the puppet ACLs in the auth.conf file.  However,
> either I don't understand the syntax or something is wrong.  Can
> someone help me understand how to set a wide open permission and then
> show some other examples of stricter access rights.

There's pretty good documentation on the docs site that includes how
to set a wide open permission (look near the botton of the section):

http://docs.puppetlabs.com/guides/security.html#authconf

And in the example auth.conf there's pretty good examples too:

https://github.com/puppetlabs/puppet/blob/2.6.x/conf/auth.conf