Hi all,

This is mostly to Brice, but I figure others are interested.

We've been looking at what it will take to get the network device support
prototype as implemented by Brice into core, along with the fact that we'll be
producing the RC1 for statler on April 13, and I don't think it will make this
cut, based on our existing resources.

So, I'd like to work to get it extracted into a module, so it can be more
easily tested and such between now and the next feature release (which, given
our announcement of timed releases, will be mid-October).  One of my goals in
this process would be to make sure that we got any changes into core that are
necessary for this module to function.

Does this seem like an acceptable compromise in the short term?

--
Is life worth living?  That is a question for an embryo, not a man.
                --Samuel Butler