On Tue, Apr 12, 2011 at 19:34, Nigel Kersten <ni...@puppetlabs.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 12, 2011 at 7:32 PM, Nigel Kersten <ni...@puppetlabs.com> wrote:
>>  Unless you happened to have members added to a group in exactly the
>> same order as they appear in your puppet manifests, Puppet considered
>> the 'is' and 'should' values to be out of sync due to ordering differences
>> between the arrays.
>>
>>  The fix came in two small parts.
>
> Keen observers will notice this lacks tests. I wanted to check on the
> appropriate direction given the state of the existing tests:
>
> https://github.com/puppetlabs/puppet/blob/2.6.x/spec/unit/provider/nameservice/directoryservice_spec.rb
>
> Based on recent comments it looks like it basically needs a complete
> rewrite right?

That would be nice.  OTOH, I would strongly prefer to have a test file
with two targetted anti-regression tests and no other tests in it than
an empty file and a desire to do the perfect thing.  So, if you just
add a specific test to reproduce your bug, then show it fixed, I would
be quite satisfied.

Perfect is certainly the enemy of not regressing in future. ;)

Daniel
--
⎋ Puppet Labs Developer – http://puppetlabs.com
✉ Daniel Pittman <dan...@puppetlabs.com>