On 28/09/11 18:56, Ken Barber wrote:
> So I was looking at a patch from mkincaid & Krzysztof Wilczynski
>
> https://github.com/mkincaid/facter/blob/ticket/2847/lib/facter/mounts.rb#L69-71
>
> Which is for ticket:
>
> http://projects.puppetlabs.com/issues/2847
>
> When talking to KW he said he ran into thread safety issues, hence why
> he used a mutex. Has anyone seen this before? Its a concern because we
> should be fixing cause not symptom ...
>
> There is some smell of it here:
>
> http://projects.puppetlabs.com/issues/4246
>
> But I'm not sure. Has anyone else seen this? I'm asking KW to
> replicate this with the latest facter regardless.

I used to be able to replicate #4246 quite easily with puppet-load on
the first run when several threads enters facter at the same time, and
they all try to resolve facts. It wasn't even a problem specific to
jruby, I was able to trigger it with MRI 1.8.7.
--
Brice Figureau
My Blog: http://www.masterzen.fr/