This is an exciting and deep conversation, and very relevant to
Mozilla's interests, as we've been struggling with the narrow pinhole
of permissions that is mode.

The general concept that I would like to emphasize is that the puppet
language has facilities for abstraction, and that can make
conversations about conciseness of expression moot.  If the
fundamental type implementations are very granular (e.g., security
descriptors and ACEs), the module itself can provide higher-level
abstractions over those types for common uses, while allowing users to
use the types directly for the more unusual cases.

As regards the ability to specify ACEs for a particular path in
different places: this reminds me of issues with group membership in
POSIX, where it's difficult to add two different users, defined in
different modules, to the same group.  That's an unfortunate
limitation that's difficult to work around with puppet abstractions,
and it'd be great if this module didn't have similar issues.

Dustin