Hi Igor,

I'm the product manager for the Puppet Forge and Modules teams. Thanks for
the note. I've commented in-line.

On Wed, Jan 29, 2014 at 10:58 AM, Igor Galić <i.ga...@brainsware.org> wrote:

> I would like to propose a bug triage for the puppet modules
> team. At least for the time being, during the transition to
> beaker I would also like to see the QA team included in
> these meetings.

I like the proposal but we can't commit to this right now.

> Many of our modules are in rough shape:

I assume you mean Puppet Labs Forge modules here. Let me know if that's
wrong.

> They are plagued with
> incomplete or wrong documentation and incomplete tests.

Plagued seems a little strong to me but yes, there's lots to do.

> I think a weekly get-together would greatly accelerate our
> progress or at least allow us to focus on key issues.
> Moreover, it would allow us to more evenly distribute the
> know-how about module internals and the workings of the
> test suites. Being from Europe, I especially want to see a
> more even distribution across time-zones. Currently it's
> heavily focused in PST.

I'd like to be at a point where we can participate like this and at this
cadence. I agree that the platform team here sets a good example. For a
little internal context, their team is much larger and more established
than ours. The module team formed in July and is a team of two. We're
actively hiring to expand the team but at this point, we're stretched thin
on our current work to improve module testing (beaker) and remain somewhat
timely on pull requests. I owe you many more thoughts on beaker soon.

On this front though, our project manager (Heidi) is spending time this
week (and next) with the module team to improve the JIRA modules project.
We'd like to make it easier to tell what's going on for issues or PRs
against a given Puppet Labs module and make it easier for the engineering
team to prioritize and triage those items in a timelier fashion.

Again, thanks for discussing this and for all of your contributions. We'll
get here soon, hopefully by next quarter if hiring is successful.

--
Ryan Coleman | Modules & Forge | ryanycoleman on twitter & #puppet IRC