On Thu, Jan 30, 2014 at 1:55 AM, Erik Dalén <erik.gustav.da...@gmail.com>wrote:

> On a related note, what are the features of beaker vs rspec-system?
>
> We adopted rspec-system at Spotify and have written some node providers
> and fixes for it. Partly because it seemed like that was what the community
> modules were using (the ones that actually had any tests of that sort).
> So what is the rationale for switching to beaker?

Hi Erik, I just sent a larger note to Puppet-Dev on Beaker. In essence,
Beaker aims to provide Puppet Enterprise testing in addition to the
functionality provided by rspec-system as a single testing framework for
all PL projects and products. Migrating from rspec-system to Beaker
(whenever you would want to do that) is not all that cumbersome and we'll
write a migration guide soon-ish. See that thread for more.