"OTOH, for a new user who is just starting to try things out, having it
watch a single file (probably the environment directory) isn't going to be
obvious. How are they do know that after editing a manifest they also need
to go and touch a directory. So, while the directory watching could give a
mechanism for triggering a cache invalidation for deployment scenarios, I
don't think it is something that will help new users."

This is why I wanted a puppet face to do it.

puppet env refresh 'foobar' or the like

Also:

puppet env check -> Return the list of environments that are 'dirty'

Trevor

Trevor Vaughan
Vice President, Onyx Point, Inc
(410) 541-6699