On Tuesday, April 22, 2014 6:41:18 AM UTC-7, Trevor Vaughan wrote:

> The more I read all of this, the more I'm a fan of a MANUAL mode.
>
> A file per environment $ENV_HEAD/clear_cache or something that, when
> touched, will cause the cache to clear for that environment.
>
> I also like the NONE option since, as was pointed out, dev/test
> environments shouldn't be caching.
>
> The others don't interest me all that much in general.
>
> If the per environment option is used, I'd like to see an associated
> puppet option to go with it.
>
> # Clear the 'production' environment cache
> puppet cache clear
>
> # Clear the 'test' environment cache
> puppet cache clear --env='test'

something like that could also be used with the source control system when
something gets deployed to refreshed the environment once things are
"updated" (svn up && puppet env refresh or whatever)...

if someone is just starting, just have a way to disable caching altogether,
so you can quickly iterate on your 3 test machines + puppetmaster, and
those of us who have large scale puppet masters can use that mechanism when
we deploy new modules/config for puppet.

I'd like to have both clear specific env cache, as well as "clear
everything" (although, i would think a "clear all caches" would be
sufficient at first,...

my $0.02
Jok