On Tuesday, August 19, 2014 7:55:08 AM UTC-7, Dawn Foster wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I'm working on this issue right now. I'm traveling this week, so it
> may take a week or 2 for us to sort out. I can't guarantee a
> particular resolution, since I need to talk to the person who made the
> decision to do this and see if we can come up with a solution that
> causes less pain for the community.

I'm the application owner for the CLA bot, and while I usually don't make
decisions about what projects we do and do not enable the CLA bot for, I am
involved in the process and we are working on addressing these concerns.

Please understand we're not trying to make the contribution process more
difficult and cumbersome and are actively seeking ways to make it smoother
and easier.

Also a quick note (not negating the need to revisit this module CLA
> decision), but trivial patches are always exempt from the CLA:
> https://docs.puppetlabs.com/community/trivial_patch_exemption.html
>
> Feel free to ping me with a link to the pull request if you are having
> any issues with getting a trivial contribution exempted from the CLA.

Feel free to CC me as well since Dawn will be traveling.

-Jeff