There looks to be a bug in the current zpool provider, where if you have a
manifest like:

    mirror => ["disk1 disk2", "disk3 disk4"],

Puppet will execute:

    zpool create data mirror "disk1 disk2" "disk3 disk4"

Instead of:

    zpool create data mirror disk1 disk2 mirror disk3 disk4

Adam put together a PR at
https://github.com/Incognito1992/puppet/compare/ticket/master/PUP-3388-zpool-mirrors,

but while researching it, I think this is really a regression due to
http://projects.puppetlabs.com/issues/16157, commit
https://github.com/puppetlabs/puppet/commit/4a6853e1de083842362dc30d0842bbbb9b029f64,

first introduced in Puppet 3.0.

The Oracle docs[1] seem to support that Puppet is now doing the wrong thing:

Virtual devices are specified one at a time on the command line, separated
by whitespace. The keywords “mirror” and “raidz” are used to distinguish
where a group ends and another begins. For example, the following creates
two root vdevs, each a mirror of two disks:

   # zpool create mypool mirror c0t0d0 c0t1d0 mirror c1t0d0 c1t1d0

This seems pretty straightforward, but I wanted to raise the issue here,
because I am not a Solaris expert, and it's been broken for awhile without
anyone noticing... I've submitted a PR at
https://github.com/puppetlabs/puppet/pull/3299, comments welcome.

Josh

[1] https://docs.oracle.com/cd/E23824_01/html/821-1462/zpool-1m.html