Since we're winding down :)

As nobody seems to love generated resources as passionately as I do
(it's OK, we still have each other), I would still ask for a compromise:
Autorequire does make sense, but can we tone it down?

As I understand it, the following resource

user { 'foo': home => '/var/lib/vendor/toolset/vendor-tool' }

will autorequire either
File['/var/lib/vendor/toolset']
File['/var/lib/vendor']
File['/var/lib']
or
File['/var']

which is a bit much for my taste. Autorequiring the immediate parent
only would make more sense to me.

Thanks,
Felix