I am planning to use puppet for the configuration of a custom network
appliance. My main problem is i am unable to install puppet on the
appliance, as it is not supported. I have access to the rest api's exposed
by the appliance. So can i use puppet to make the rest api calls and try to
do the configurations as and when a parameter changes? Could anybody
suggest me a good way to handle this problem?

Thanks!