I am following up with a runtime type strictness thing.

> If you have a construct like this in your manifests:
>
> Notify['left'] -> $stuff -> Notify['right']

Thansk for asking! For me, I would prefer the ordering to follow left ->
right, and not error or warn.

If I have expressed Notify['left'] -> $stuff -> Notify['right'] then the
ordering of left then right should be possible in all circumstances.
Whether it is required or not when $stuff is empty is another matter, but
it doesn't impact the user if all resources succeed.

Technologically, the references could be explicit references or collectors,
and collectors can produce zero references, and this is actually DESIRED by
me, as recently as yesterday. My use case was chaining lots of collections
of optional defined types Like `A <||> -> B <||> -> C <||> D <||>` where
B/C/D are optional, but A must always come before B/C/D and D must always
come after A/B/C. In minimal cases, only A and D may be declared, so I
ended up doing A <||> -> D <||> ; A <||> -> B <||> -> D <||> ; A <||> -> C
<||> -> D <||> which is overly verbose.

It's worth noting that I ran into the above case because I expected empty
collectors to maintain the chain, and was surprised when resources were
evaluated out of order.

Producing a whit or something similar to contain the list of zero or more
references would give the dag the structure it needs to maintain ordering
even when an element in the chain is empty.