On Fri, Mar 11, 2016 at 3:54 AM, Erik Dalén <erik.gustav.da...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> The API looks good to me.
>
> Will this be available as a command line tool (standalone one, not
> contacting a master)? That would be useful for scripts and local
> development where you might not want to upload the code to a puppetmaster
> in order to find the classes.

I don't think we have immediate plans for that, but I agree that it sounds
like it could be useful, and probably pretty easy.  Might be worth creating
a Jira ticket for.

Henrik may have thought about this more than I have.

> If it is using the indirector it should be pretty trivial to create a
> puppet face for it.
>
> Also, will you create a similar one for defined types? Functions?

For defined types, we are trying to determine whether there were use cases
that people needed that were being satisfied by the resource_types
endpoint.  If so, we'll need to do that before we get rid of
'resource_types'.  If not, and for functions, I would imagine that we will
eventually end up creating them, but perhaps not until after we get rid of
resource_types.  If you think those would be particularly useful, then we
should capture them in Jira as well.  I hadn't thought of the idea about
functions before, that's pretty interesting!

Because removing resource_types is something that would need to happen on a
major version boundary, right now the main goal is just to figure out what
we need to do to be ready for that whenever we start lining up dates for
future major version bumps.