----- Original Message -----

hmm, so that seems very verbose and how to implement the SQL check is also
quite a task.

The verbosity is because you're modelling relationships across nodes of course
I do not want to do that - these specific checks are not for cross node checks
and as in recent emails I will not use puppetserver as long as operability
features are a paid feature, so those are not what I am after.

My needs for checks are literally to augment the:

service{"x": ensure => running} this will do 'service x status' equiv, I want it
to do additional checks and I want those checks to adhere to existing
"standards"
which might include metrics and such.

Do you have an example of using the new check framework for this purpose?