I would ask that you only vendor items that are super generic and that you
namespace them such that they won't interfere with people already written
codebases.

The following seem relatively safe since they've been in use for quite some
time:

   - stdlib
   - archive (maybe)
   - inifile
   - powershell (maybe)

However, there are a LOT of sudo, etc... implementations which mean that
you're going to pretty much break everyone's environments out of the box
and cause a great number of headaches.

Furthermore, what happens when I want the next version of 'stdlib' with the
new shiny but you've baked in a version that now makes me work around
everything?

If you want a 'new user pack', make it just that, an extra package that I
can install that will drop a bunch of vendored modules somewhere and
provide me with instructions on setting it up.

I do not feel that putting this in 'puppet-agent' itself is a good idea *at
all*, particularly considering that we still can't build puppet-agent from
source to override any shenanigans that may arise from these good
intentions.

Thanks,

Trevor

Trevor Vaughan