Hello Puppet users,

I was curious if anyone else works at an institution that uses Remedy,
particularly as a CMDB infrastructure.  We're planning to do that and so I've
been tasked with writing integration tools so that Puppet can feed data of
interest up into that system.  If anyone is interested in helping (whether you
use Remedy or not), I'd be interested to build a team around this effort.

Here is the breakdown:

The CMDB wants to know about systems and system facts.  This is easy with
facter and stored configs and stored facts.  We'll just be writing a collector
to query these things out of the puppetmaster storage and feed that into the
CMDB.  The CMDB also wants to know about meta information like who the admin in
charge is, who the client is, what the purpose and description of the services
are.  These meta facts will be provided as either (a) meta resources created as
native types in puppet or (b) through an external node tool.

That's the basic jist of it.  I'd love to hear from interested parties or
parties doing something similar.

--
Digant C Kasundra <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Technical Lead, ITS Unix Systems and Applications, Stanford University