I'm following the example provided in the type reference
under 'zone', i.e.:

        zone{myzone:
                autoboot=>true,
                create_args=>"-b",
                ip=>"nge0:10:130.55.201",
                path=>"/zoneds/%s",
                realhostname=>"myzone.example.com",
                sysidcfg=>template(sysidcfg)
        }

with the following template:

system_locale=en_AU
timezone=Australia/NSW
terminal=xterms
security_policy=NONE
root_password=elided
timeserver=localhost
name_service=DNS {domain_name=<%= domain %>
        name_server=10.132.2.150}
network_interface=primary {hostname=<%= realhostname %>
        ip_address=<%= ip %>
        netmask=<%= netmask %>
        protocol_ipv6=no
        default_route=<%= defaultroute %>}
nfs4_domain=dynamic

The sysidcfg template is ripped straight from
<http://reductivelabs.com/trac/puppet/wiki/TypeReference#zone>
but it doesn't work:

err: Could not retrieve catalog: Failed to parse template sysidcfg: Could not
find value for 'realhostname' at
/staging/puppet/production/manifests/nodes.pp:90 on node elided.example.com

This is with Puppet 0.24.7 on both client and server.

I've not really needed the templating before so it's possible that
there's a really obvious error in the template provided in the
type reference and I'm just not seeing it.

Matt

--
* Matt McLeod | mail: m...@boggle.org | blog: http://abortrephrase.com/ *
     --- People can do the work, so machines have time to think ---