Hi all,

Is there a way to push out the puppet.conf file from puppet?

If I change report = true in a manifest, then will the current run be
reported?

Also, I saw something interesting when I ran

puppetd --genmanifest

It has a class called
class reporting {
    file { '/var/lib/puppet/reports':
        loglevel => 'debug',
        backup => 'false',
        owner => 'puppet',
        group => 'puppet',
        mode => '488',
        ensure => 'directory'
(there are lots of other interesting things in this output as well)

two questions related to this file.

1. Do I have access to all of these classes for puppet runs, can I set
reporting per client in the manifests?
2. How does puppet know to execute all of these things before the manifests
on the server? Does this imply that there is a way to run init tasks (before
everything else) without creating tons of dependencies?
(ex: configure yum-repos)