On Tue, Mar 24, 2009 at 10:28:28AM -0700, Robin Lee Powell wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 23, 2009 at 02:54:10PM -0700, Robin Lee Powell wrote:
> >

> > I've been unable to use storeconfigs for A While Now, and it's not
> > just me anymore; see http://projects.reductivelabs.com/issues/2041
> >
> > Does anyone have any suggestions of what to try next?
>
> Shortly after I sent this, the following was added to the ticket:
>
>     I upgraded to 0.24.8 but it made no difference. But adding this
>     to the top of lib/puppet/rails.rb fixed it. (I know pretty much
>     no Ruby, so this was hacking at its rawest).
>
>     require 'active_record'
>     require 'active_support'
>     require 'active_record/base'
>     require 'active_record/associations'
>
> I'm still on 0.24.7 (I don't have time to do the upgrade today), but
> adding those require lines to
>
> /usr/local/lib/site_ruby/1.8/puppet/feature/rails.rb
> /usr/local/lib/site_ruby/1.8/puppet/rails.rb
>
> did *NOT* help me; I still get:
>
> Restarting puppet configuration management tool master
> server/usr/lib/ruby/1.8/active_record/connection_adapters/abstract/connection_pool.rb:218:
>  undefined method `synchronize' for
> ActiveRecord::ConnectionAdapters::ConnectionPool:Class (NoMethodError)
>         from /usr/lib/ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:27:in
> `gem_original_require'
>         from /usr/lib/ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:27:in `require'
>         from /usr/lib/ruby/1.8/active_support/dependencies.rb:509:in `require'
> [snip]
>
> when I try to start the master, and it doesn't start.

Erm, sorry, to be specific: that's *with* "storedconfigs = true".
With it =false, I get:

    Restarting puppet configuration management tool master serverFailed
    to load feature test for rails: undefined method `synchronize' for
    ActiveRecord::ConnectionAdapters::ConnectionPool:Class

but it runs.

-Robin

--
They say:  "The first AIs will be built by the military as weapons."
And I'm thinking:  "Does it even occur to you to try for something