On Sat, May 02, 2009 at 07:46:07PM -0700, Russ Allbery wrote:
> That flag doesn't say where to write the PID file.  It tells
> start-stop-daemon where puppetd *will* write the PID file.

Or rather, where the deamon has written the pid, so that
start-stop-daemon can check whether it's running.

> You still
> have to configure puppetd elsewhere (in puppet.conf, specifically) to
> put the PID file there.

Exactly. I'd expect that the packager has taken care about such details
as configuring puppet and the init script to look in the same place. I'd
file a bug if that has not been done properly.

--
Marcin Owsiany <mar...@owsiany.pl>              http://marcin.owsiany.pl/
GnuPG: 1024D/60F41216  FE67 DA2D 0ACA FC5E 3F75  D6F6 3A0D 8AA0 60F4 1216

"Every program in development at MIT expands until it can read mail."
                                                              -- Unknown