Hi,

I am new to puppet as well, but I could tell you how to do a similar
install.

exec { "getthesource":
      command => "wget http://thesourceurl";,
      cwd => "/the/directory/to/issue/this/command/from"
}

exec { "untarthesource":
       command => "the_untar_command",
       cwd => "the/directory/to/issue/this/command/from",
       require => Exec["getthesource"]
 }

exec { "./configure":
      command => "the/directory/to/issue/this/command/from/configure",
      cwd => "as above",
      require => Exec["untarthesource"]
}

And the other steps follow in a similar manner.. You should probably check
the exec resource type in the type reference.

But, I think this is not the most elegant way of doing it... There is the
package resource type in puppet which can be used to install packages from
binaries, but yes, I haven't found another way to install from source.

--
Regards,
Swati