David Schmitt wrote:
>> I'd rather not distribute the entire directory from the server, since it
>> contains custom content for each node.  Is there a way i can do this
>> with templates that include other files?  (Or templates that are plain
>> text rather than .erb?)  I'd really like to find a technique that
>> doesn't require separately copying the file fragments to the client also...

> My approach in the CompleteConfiguration repos is to use the
> concatenated_file_part define to put file parts onto the client and then
> locally concatenated them all on the client with the concatenated_file
> define which does some shell magic internally.
>
> You seem to try to use a server side function ( file() ) to create a
> similar effect. You just have to be  aware that functions always run on
> the server.

I knew i must be overcomplicating it somehow.  :-)  So if i give the
file() function the full pathname of the directory on the server, i
should be able to achieve what i'm wanting without needing to distribute
a local copy of the files?

Are there any drawbacks of doing this?  (Such as having to pull down the
content every time to check its MD5 sum, perhaps?)

Paul