I'm trying to get the dependencies right:

define wget($source, $options = "", $unless = "") {
    include pkg::virtual_packages
    realize (Package["wget"])
    exec {"wget $options -O $title $source":
        path    => "/usr/bin:/opt/csw/bin",
        unless  => "$unless",
        timeout => 18000,
        require => Package["wget"]
    }

    if $require {
        Exec ["wget $options -O $title $source"]{
            require +> $require

Bombs with:

err: Could not retrieve configuration: Parameter 'require' is already
set on Exec[wget  -O ...  ....] by wget at /etc/opt/csw/puppet/
manifests/definitions/wget.pp:8; cannot redefine at /etc/opt/csw/
puppet/manifests/definitions/wget.pp:14

The docs say:

Note that all defined types support automatically all metaparameters.
Therefore you can pass any later used parameters like $require to a
define, without any definition of it:

define svn_repo($path) {
    exec {"create_repo_${name}":
        command => "/usr/bin/svnadmin create $path/$title",
        unless => "/bin/test -d $path",
    }
    if $require {
        Exec["create_repo_${name}"]{
            require +> $require,

What am I doing wrong? Is there another way to add the require
metaparameter to the nested exec resource?

Regards Robert