Hello List,

I have a problem with the CA on my Puppetmaster. This Puppetmaster is
connected to different Networks with different sub domainnames. The Puppet
clients connecting via different Interfaces. There is no routing between
subnets. Only one subnet can connect successfully. This is because the
subject in the Certificate is the name of this subnet. All other clients get:

Could not retrieve catalog: Certificates were not trusted: hostname not match
with the server certificate

If I use just the hostname, no client can connect successfully. It seems to
be, that there is allways the need for a single fqdn.

The puttemaster is served via Passenger and Apache2.

Is there a way to use the nice to use puppetca tool in this szenario or do I
have to provide as much CAs as I have subnets and do cert signing by hand? Or
is there another solution?

Any hints will be very welcome.

Cheers,

Hubert