After further investigation it seems the problem exists with new 0.25.1
clients

On the server I run:-
puppetca --clean client.hostname

On the client I run :-
rm /etc/puppet/ssl/certs/client.hostname.pem

Followed by the command that brings up the error

#  /opt/csw/bin/puppetd --trace --debug --test --factsync --server
server.hostname.com

debug: Failed to load library 'shadow' for feature 'libshadow'
debug: Puppet::Type::User::ProviderDirectoryservice: file /usr/bin/dscl does
not exist
debug: Puppet::Type::User::ProviderPw: file pw does not exist
debug: Failed to load library 'ldap' for feature 'ldap'
debug: Puppet::Type::User::ProviderLdap: feature ldap is missing
debug: /File[/var/puppet/run/puppetd.pid]: Autorequiring
File[/var/puppet/run]
debug: /File[/etc/puppet/ssl/private_keys]: Autorequiring
File[/etc/puppet/ssl]
debug: /File[/etc/puppet/ssl/public_keys]: Autorequiring
File[/etc/puppet/ssl]
debug: /File[/var/puppet/lib]: Autorequiring File[/var/puppet]
debug: /File[/etc/puppet/ssl/private]: Autorequiring File[/etc/puppet/ssl]
debug: /File[/etc/puppet/ssl/certificate_requests]: Autorequiring
File[/etc/puppet/ssl]
debug: /File[/var/puppet/clientbucket]: Autorequiring File[/var/puppet]
debug: /File[/etc/puppet/ssl]: Autorequiring File[/etc/puppet]
debug: /File[/etc/puppet/ssl/certs/ca.pem]: Autorequiring
File[/etc/puppet/ssl/certs]
debug: /File[/var/puppet/run]: Autorequiring File[/var/puppet]
debug: /File[/var/puppet/log]: Autorequiring File[/var/puppet]
debug: /File[/etc/puppet/ssl/private_keys/client.hostname.com.pem]:
Autorequiring File[/etc/puppet/ssl/private_keys]
debug: /File[/var/puppet/state/graphs]: Autorequiring
File[/var/puppet/state]
debug: /File[/var/puppet/state]: Autorequiring File[/var/puppet]
debug: /File[/var/puppet/facts]: Autorequiring File[/var/puppet]
debug: /File[/var/puppet/client_yaml]: Autorequiring File[/var/puppet]
debug: /File[/etc/puppet/ssl/certs]: Autorequiring File[/etc/puppet/ssl]
debug: /File[/etc/puppet/ssl/public_keys/client.hostname.com.pem]:
Autorequiring File[/etc/puppet/ssl/public_keys]
debug: Finishing transaction 75308830 with 0 changes
debug: Using cached certificate for ca
warning: peer certificate won't be verified in this SSL session
debug: Using cached certificate_request for client.hostname.com
debug: Using cached certificate for ca
warning: peer certificate won't be verified in this SSL session
debug: Using cached certificate for ca
warning: peer certificate won't be verified in this SSL session
Exiting; no certificate found and waitforcert is disabled

I'm afraid it has me really stumped for ideas though

Paul

2009/12/14 paul matthews <paulsmatth...@googlemail.com>

> Thanks Ohad for pointing this out - schoolboy error on my part.
> Unfortunately, this has not fixed things - both server and client are
> running 25.1.
> Do you know of anything else that may be causing this
>
> Thanks
> Paul
>
> 2009/12/14 Ohad Levy <ohadl...@gmail.com>
>
>> server must be newer or equal to the clients......
>>
>> Ohad
>>
>> On Mon, Dec 14, 2009 at 7:36 PM, paul matthews <
>> paulsmatth...@googlemail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>> I'm not too sure why this has cropped up after working fine for months
>>> but on new clients  I get the following errors:-
>>> Thanks
>>> # puppetd --test
>>> warning: peer certificate won't be verified in this SSL session
>>> warning: peer certificate won't be verified in this SSL session
>>> warning: peer certificate won't be verified in this SSL session
>>> Exiting; no certificate found and waitforcert is disabled
>>>
>>> Most of the articles I've read suggest a much earlier bug.  As it's a
>>> closed test environment I've set autosign = true in /etc/puppet.conf
>>>
>>> Does anyone know how I get round this. Clients are running 0.25.1, server
>>> = 0.24.8
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>> Paul
>>>

>>> --