On 22 January 2010 18:58, Ohad Levy <ohadl...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Jan 22, 2010 at 9:00 AM, Silviu Paragina <sil...@paragina.ro> wrote:
>>
>> Are you using by any chance any trunk version of puppet?
>>
>> As far as I know puppet currently (0.25.4) uses RubyRRDTool gem which is
>> not the same as the ruby rrd library bundled in RRDtools (despite the fact
>> that the bundled version might be a fork of the gem). On ubuntu the ruby
>> rrd bindings are from the lib bundled, and the gem does not compile. I'm
>> guessing that in your case the package is also the bundled lib.
>>
> if anyone is interested, I had compiled in the past a gem which works for
> ubuntu as well:  http://theforeman.org/RubyRRDtool-0.6.0.gem

Although I haven't officially announced it yet, I've tentatively taken
over maintainership of the Ruby RRD bindings. The state of the
previous bindings are pretty lame, and the new library aims to build a
Ruby API around the C bindings.

The new package is called Errand, and can be installed from Gemcutter with:

  gem install errand

If you end up trying it out, please report any bugs you find, and I'll
get them fixed ASAP.

Cheers,
Lindsay

--