the way we solved it is by setting up an additional service which compiles
and set the driver (main reason for that was that network gets restarted
which might disturb the puppet run)

an example can be found here:
http://theforeman.org/repositories/entry/foreman/app/views/unattended/snippets/_vmware.erb