On Feb 11, 2010, at 7:10 AM, Marc Fournier wrote:

> [²] http://github.com/camptocamp/puppet-openvmtools

Pardon my ignorance, but why run the `install-open-vm-tools.sh` or
`vmware-config-tools.pl` at all?

My manifests for VMWare guests (running RHEL5) just do this:

1. set up a yumrepo for
http://packages.vmware.com/tools/esx/4.0/rhel5/$architecture/
2. make sure the “vmware-tools” package is installed
3. make sure the "vmware-tools” service runs

The only problems I’ve had are that the GPG key for that repo doesn’t seem to
work (last I checked) and it doesn’t support RHEL4. What am I missing?

--
Rob McBroom
<http://www.skurfer.com/>

The magnitude of a problem does not affect its ownership.