I also tried this in my top-level puppet config:

if $defined_after_bootstrap_var {
 import "definitions/*.pp"
} else {
 import "bootstrap.pp"
}

However it looks like the 'import definitions/*.pp' is still evaluated even though $defined_after_bootstrap_var isn't defined. Is there a way to conditionally use import?

-- Greg

Daniel wrote:
I dont think there's a way to enforce this because you need to reload
puppetd to activate the changes. If you use puppetrun you could
distribute only the tag for your puppet module and restart the
service. Hope this helps