Hi,

I experienced some problems with puppetd when it cannot reach
puppetmasterd. They apply to 0.25.1 on Debian; I could not find these
issues in changelog or bugtrack, so here I go:

1) When puppetd starts for the first time and cannot reach
puppetmasterd (due to routing or firewall problem), it hangs and
cannot be stopped with SIGTERM (that is used by /etc/init.d/puppet
stop and restart)

2) puppetd had successfully connected to puppetmasterd before. When on
a following scheduled connection attempt puppetmasterd cannot be
reached (host down or network broken), puppetd terminates silently
instead of retrying later.

3) When puppetd has actually established a connection to puppetmasterd
and the network breaks, puppetd hangs until the server responds again;
when there is a stateful firewall between these hosts that drops the
"established" packets after some time puppetd hangs forever instead of
closing the connection after some timeout and retrying later.

Are these already known/fixed?

-gr