On Thu, Mar 18, 2010 at 8:49 AM, Christopher Johnston
<chjoh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Yup the yum manifest sets up my configuration files for the various repos
> (ie, we have a development repos for our lab that only goes on lab systems
> and production hosts the production repo).
>
> Package { require => Class["yum::base"] }
>
> I guess I could put that in every manifest at the top that is doing package
> installs.  Is there one place I could put this so it applies to ALL modules,
> perhaps site.pp?

Yep. Either put it in site.pp (although you may want to match
$operatingsystem or something) or some parent class that includes your
other classes.

Our site.pp looks like:

node default { include base }

and our base module/class includes all the other ones, so we set it in
modules/base/manifests/init.pp

(actually we set it in class base::debian and base::mac and
base::solaris for our different platforms)