On the client

Client #]  puppetd --test --trace

http://pastebin.com/eft1Qmuv

Full output of the command is above, last three lines,

# err: Could not retrieve catalog from remote server: hostname was not match
with the server certificate
# warning: Not using cache on failed catalog
# err: Could not retrieve catalog; skipping run

I have attempted to track down where this problem is coming from. DNS is setup
correctly. No host names have been changed, so I am at a lost as to how such a
mistake could be made. But then, I am just believing the text of the error
message.

Puppet.domain.com puppetmaster.domain.com both point to the correct machine.
The client can connect to the server with no problem, and also vice versa. The
firewall is relaxed sufficiently on both client and server for puppet to
communicate. Both systems are on the same network switch, all other networking
services work pretty much perfectly.

Any assistance will be highly appreciated, I have numerous crates of virtual
beer I will gladly send your way, and for the none drinkers, I have a
delightful selection of virtual foods from around the world which I can send
your way ☺

**** Next paragraph is the long dormant student in me happy at the chance to
learn something so powerful, which great power comes great responsibility,
(yeah, right, whatever,  I just want to be able to bring up a MySQL cluster in
5 minutes, and watch my dev teams face! ****

I am prepared to LEARN puppet! Please teach me! I have even gone to you-tube to
attempt to locate some video tutorials, but alas, no luck. (I was distracted by
45 minutes of people scaring the life out of other folks), This list, and IRC
are my only hope to become a puppet master – I’ve even got that book pulling
strings with puppet. I did notice a lot of advice in that book that isn’t
really reflected in a number of examples on the net, (unless I’m too slow to
recognize the patterns). Anyway, I will stop rambling now – I think puppet is
the future, and I am desperate to learn and understand, so feel free to refer
me to websites, blogs, forums, amazon, (book purchases!), and google, (in case
I missed an obvious search!)

Now, back to my original issue! Oh, I am on IRC, irc.freenode.org lurkin in the
#puppet room ☺