Hi,

Just want to know how you use puppet to cover a scenario where you
have a production and backup datacenter. Both environments should be
similar but not identical (just a dumb example - your ntp setup is
probably different in each). I think it's desirable to have just one
implementation of modules and classes shared among production and
backup so as not to make changes in 2 places which is error prone.

I've got this setup covered by having a different domain name in each
environment and use the ${domainname} fact to distinguish between
them.

So for ntp I just have:

file {"/etc/ntp.conf":
     source => puppet://${puppetmaster}/ntp.conf.${domainname}
}

I realize this setup is kinda primitive ;-) but right now it works
fine.
I just wonder how you guys have it set up - maybe there's some more
efficient and elegant way.

-Regards

--linuxdatacenter.blogspot.com--