> I am working on an EC2 type/provider, here is an example of its usage:
>
> noder{'blah':
>   ensure => present,
>   user => 'user',
>   password => 'password',
>   image => 'ami-84db39ed',
>   desc => 'happy instance',
> }

your noder example looks good ... you could add a virt_type and not
use a lot of the fields when doing non-EC2/cloud.

A big part of what I want to do is to not require using the images, so that's
definitely going to be a new thing.

(It also requires a new field "kernel_options" ...)

If it's in a branch there though with a separate provider (link), we
could easily have Carla fork it and extend it.   Providers
could raise errors if they are used with incompatible arguments.

--Michael