I agree with Nigel - and thank you again for sending this out.  I've been
following your implementation closely since last June, and have implemented
a version of your puppetd.sh script.  It's interesting to see the changes
you've made and the lessons learned.  Again, excellent job on the
documentation - it solves some questions/changes I had planned this summer.

-Gary

On Fri, Jun 4, 2010 at 8:40 PM, Nigel Kersten <nig...@google.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Jun 4, 2010 at 4:59 PM, Marcus, Allan B <al...@lanl.gov> wrote:
>
>> Here's a white paper you may be interested in.
>>
>> The Los Alamos National Laboratory (LANL) had a need for central
>> configuration management of non-Windows computers. LANL has three to five
>> thousand Macs and an equal number of Linux based systems. The primary goal
>> was to be able to inventory all non-windows systems and patch Mac OS X
>> systems. LANL examined a number of commercial and open source solutions and
>> ultimately selected Puppet.
>>
>> This paper will discuss why we chose Puppet, how we implemented it, and
>> some lessons we learned along the way.
>>

>> http://www.afp548.com/filemgmt/index.php?id=108&comments=1
>

> nice working getting this out Allan. Reading now...
>
>  --

Gary Larizza

Director of Technology
Huron City Schools