It is happening on 0.25.5-1 server, but so far I have only seen the
problem on 0.24.X clients.  I don't have an 0.25.4 master to test
against, but at any rate I am unable to reproduce the problem.  The
problem seems to have occurred in a relatively small time across the
affected clients, and hasn't happened again (yet).

I have seen errors similar to the following on all of the affected
clients.  The "'@name=" variable has a different value on different
clients:
./puppet.log:Mon Jun 14 00:05:26 EDT 2010 Puppet (err): Could not
apply complete catalog: Invalid 'should' value for mode:
#<YAML::Syck::BadAlias:0xb7dbdf94 @name="id050">

I agree that it sounds like a bug.  I'm hoping that getting all of my
clients up to date will prevent another occurrence.