On 6/22/2010 3:03 AM, Patrick Mohr wrote:
I push out changes to puppet.conf using puppet.  (I have gsh as a
backup for if I really screw things up, but I've never had to use it
yet.)  Is there any safe and/or good way to restart puppet after a
change is made o it's config?  I'm assuming that just defining puppet
as a service and subscribing to puppet.conf is bad because it will
stop puppet in the middle of a run which might make other subscribes
not work.

Puppetd does reload its configuration automatically when the config file changes. Any settings that do not get reloaded should be considered bugs and reported to the bug tracker.

Best Regards, David
--
dasz.at OG              Tel: +43 (0)664 2602670     Web: http://dasz.at
Klosterneuburg                                         UID: ATU64260999

       FB-Nr.: FN 309285 g          FB-Gericht: LG Korneuburg