On Jun 21, 2010, at 9:03 PM, Patrick Mohr wrote:
> Anyone have advice?  I don't want to put puppet in cron if I can avoid it.

We did this:

  service { puppet :
    enable => true,
    require => [ File['etc-sysconfig-puppet'],File['puppet.conf'] ],
    subscribe => [ File['etc-sysconfig-puppet'],File['puppet.conf'] ],
    hasrestart => true
  }

the "hasrestart" tells it not to do a "stop, start" but instead to do a
"restart", so it happily seems to work any time we change a config file.