Good Afternoon,

Apologies for starting a whole bunch of threads in one afternoon, but
I'm desperately after a bit of information from the community ;(

I wondered if anyone has written some deployment examples for various
sizes of infrastructure, or if this is something Puppet Labs plans to
address as part of documentation?  There are a number of ways of
slicing the apple, including WEBrick for "smaller scale" deployments
through to mod_proxy or mod_passenger for "larger scale" deployments
and some seemingly dated notes in the Wiki about potentially splitting
serving of manifests and files?

I appreciate everyone has a home-cooked and favourite way to make
things work, but think we'd all benefit if initial deployment was a
bit easier, better documented, and standardized?

I've got in mind about three different topologies:

    1) Fifty nodes, managing 400 resources
    2) Two hundred nodes, managing 1000 resources
    3) One thousand nodes, managing 2000 resources
    4) Other suggestions from anyone here?

Optionally you might mix in the steps necessary to get Dashboard
working as an external node classifier with the setup instructions?
If the hardware and complexity involved in coping with #3 isn't vastly
greater than solving #1 then perhaps that should become the new
'Recommended' architecture for deploying any non-trivial install?

If we're just talking about installing Apache, dropping in Puppet via
Rack and mod_passenger, it should be fairly easy to write this from
the context of being distribution neutral?

Please feel free to point me at documentation or blogs if there is
anything particularly suitable out there!

Many Thanks,
  - Alex