On Mon, Jul 12, 2010 at 7:41 AM, Kenneth Holter <kenneho....@gmail.com>wrote:

> In my current setup I have the following puppet.conf file:
>
> -- code start --
> [main]

>    environments = testing

Looking at the documentation and environments default thread (
http://groups.google.com/group/puppet-users/browse_thread/thread/f97bfad1e46c83c4?hl=en#),
this line should be environment = testing to specify the default
environment. The setting "environments=production,testing,development"
belongs in the puppetmasterd section which controls which environments are
allowed.

[testing]
>    manifest = /srv/puppet/testing/site.pp
>    modulepath = /srv/puppet/testing/modules
> -- code start --
>
> If I comment out the last three lines, the external nodes script is
> run (I've verified this by running "stat <externa-nodes-script>"
> before and after issuing a client request).
>
> I'm kind of stuck, so advice on how to debug this will be greatly
> apprecited.

We can try to tackle the issue from two sides and be more explicit about the
environment, either check via puppetd --environment=testing, or in the YAML
file produced by the external node classifier, ensure it return a line
containing:

environment: testing

Thanks,

Nan